CORE Orthopedics and Sports Medicine is one of Chicagoland’s most decorated comprehensive orthopedic services and physical therapy providers. CORE’s award-winning surgeons have worked with the U.S. men’s soccer team, NFL players, and many university athletics programs.
When CORE reached out to The Loop Marketing in 2017, they understood the importance of creating great content to outrank other orthopedic surgeons in the Chicagoland area. To do so, they needed to showcase their expertise through useful and relevant content.
The Loop Marketing’s content team, alongside CORE Orthopedics, developed an in-depth marketing strategy that tripled organic traffic and increased the number of ranking keywords for their website.
How The Loop Marketing Increased Local Orthopedic Doctors’ Organic Traffic by 53%
In digital marketing and the medical field, outranking the competition is difficult as the breadth and authority of content is overwhelming. Narrow that down to the physical therapy/orthopedic surgery space, and you’ll find mainstream publications and various national health organizations that target each keyword.
To understand the breadth of the competition, you must also know what Google’s ‘EAT’ stands for: Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness. When Google’s algorithm judges websites against each other, EAT is the framework for the algorithm determining how Google ranks and displays information.
Demonstrating expertise, authority, and trustworthiness not only improves search visibility but also fosters credibility and user confidence in the information provided. In the health and finance industry, Google factors EAT much more compared to other fields.
CORE needed content that delivered expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness for their readers and Google’s algorithm.
Thus there needed to be a concerted effort towards developing informative, educational, and SEO-driven to compete against high-ranking local and nationwide competitors.
The Loop Marketing’s content team brainstormed and decided on a new “Resilience in Motion” campaign that focused on creating blog posts for people struggling with constant pain and unable to perform the physical activities they’ve loved before.
This content needed simple, practical information to allow readers to understand their injuries and/or pain. We focused on including descriptive H2s so readers could easily find the required information.
As for implementing the “Resilience in Motion” campaign, we focused primarily on allowing each blog post to breathe. Since they were exhaustive, we published one new piece per month while keeping current customers invested through multiple monthly emails.
Each post went through various sources, including the doctors who approved each topic and the content included, to ensure that the information was accurate.
Our graphics design team spent time working on developing custom images that informed readers about injury treatments, stretching exercises, and where on the body the pain is starting from.
For each injury/sport-related blog, we attempted to be as exhaustive as possible without being overwhelming.
The “Resilience in Motion” campaign’s goals were straightforward:
- Increase the number of webpage sessions by 50,000 year over year
- Increase the number of ranking keywords to 15,000
- In February 2022, CORE Orthopedics attracted around 600 daily users. By June 2023, they had doubled that number and, many times, tripled it to 1,700 users per day.
- Compared to Jan-June 2022, CORE Orthopedics increased the number of page views by 56,415, marking a YOY growth of 52.38%.
- We’ve also increased the time on the page by 40 seconds compared to Jan – June 2022.
Increase in the number of ranking keywords to 15,000
- In February of 2021, CORE Orthopedics ranked for 9,476 keywords. In February of 2022, the site ranked for 11,464 keywords. Less than a year later, CORE Orthopedics ranked for 18,500 keywords in April of 2023, thus doubling the total in 2 years and increasing the number of keywords to over 15,000.
- As of May 2023, CORE Orthopedics organic traffic is valued at $16k.
- In February of 2022, 119 keywords ranked in the top 3. In May of 2023, CORE Orthopedics now owns 216 keywords in the top 3.
- CORE Orthopedics currently rank for 364 keywords in Google’s People Also Ask section.
- CORE Orthopedics currently owns 31 featured snippets for various competitive sports-related terms.