When it comes to the complex, fast-paced world of digital marketing, many of us welcome time-saving tricks and tools with open arms. The Chrome Web Store contains hundreds of free extensions, many of which can make your work online more productive. These eight tools are our team’s favorites:
1) Super History & Cache Clearer: It’s important to clear your cache when you are making website updates, but Chrome’s manual history clearing process can be cumbersome. This extension allows you to clear your history in one click, and you can easily select how far back you want your history cleared.
2) Grammarly: Sure, Spell Check is fine, but what if it could detect grammatical errors, highlight contextual mistakes AND provide weekly feedback on your writing performance? Whether you’re writing tweets, drafting a Gmail or updating your company’s Facebook page, Grammarly will double check nearly all of your web copy and act as your personal writing coach.
3) LastPass: Keeping track of passwords is never a walk through the park, and it’s tempting to develop bad habits, like using the same password for all of your accounts (or even worse – writing them on sticky notes). LastPass provides the security you need by saving all of your passwords in a virtual vault locked under one master password.
4) ColorZilla: Color matching can be a pain, and nobody wants to be the person who keeps emailing the creative department every time you can’t find a project’s style guide. With ColorZilla’s Photoshop-quality color picker, CSS gradient editor, ability to pull colors from Flash objects and more, you can easily identify all colored elements displayed through Chrome.
5) Mozbar: Get a boost on your SEO game with this all-in-one toolbar. Pull instant metrics, compare link metrics across pages, expose page elements and attributes, and highlight keywords with the click of your mouse. The Pro Subscription includes more page optimization, metrics and keyword rating abilities.
6) Nimbus Screenshot: Forget “Prt Scrn” and “Shift-Command-4” – this extension allows you to capture all or part of your screen, annotate screenshots, record video from your screen and webcam, convert video to GIF and MP4, and capture screenshots of other programs.
7) Harvest: Productivity & Time Tracker: This simple online timer allows users to track their time on various projects and analyze productivity. Easily categorize your time by client or project, and invite coworkers to examine team-wide productivity.
8) Bitly: Nobody has time for long, ugly links. With Bitly’s Chrome extension, you can create a shortened link for any website and customize it for your company or project. Bitly also provides real-time stats on each link’s performance, so you can easily see which links are getting the most traffic. The Chrome Extension also allows you to add tags to each Bitly link you create, which will bring your AB testing organization to a whole new level.
9) ContactOut: LinkedIn is an amazing resource when you’re looking to connect with other professionals. However, sometimes it’s not enough to simply connect with someone — that’s where ContactOut comes in. It’s a simple Chrome Extension that assists in finding email addresses and phone numbers of anyone on LinkedIn. If the 97% accuracy rate isn’t enough for you to sign up, they offer a free trial.
These Chrome extensions are only the tip of the digital marketing iceberg. Contact The Loop Marketing for more information on upgrading your organization’s digital marketing game.